Monday, January 30, 2006

An idea hit me today and I want to know what people think:

We talked the first week about what progress is and whether or not we can call technological change 'progress.' Here's the thought that hit me: what if 'progress' is the combination of consonant and vowel sounds we use to express increasing clarity? Granted, what we deem progress today brings up all sorts of new questions, but think of the clarity with which we can view those questions because of our progress thus far.

What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger TCo, the Man Fantastic said...

In Re Joel:

First of all, why don't you blow my mind!?!

Second of all, stwawbewwy ice cweam.

Third of all, I feel progress is used as a means to clarity. It (clarity) is as much of an end result as progress will provide.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Peter Corey said...

I agree with T-Co, you are quite the mind blower, but I feel if true clarity was reached, progress would be unnecessary. So it feels like you are saying that progress is a means to make clear, but I also think you have to overcomplicate things to be able to comeback and simplify them. Whether that is progress or not it a good question.

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home